Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Poetry Girls


As we worked on our latest book, “How to Talk to Girls at Parties”, adapted from the Neil Gaiman short story, we referred to the story with our editor Diana as “Poetry Girls”. It was a reference to one of the best ideas of the original story, probably the one that motivated us to adapt it – besides the obvious chance to work on a Neil Gaiman story.
I see poetry girls everywhere. I see them in the streets, in movies, inside the pages of books, I hear them in songs and click on them accidentally on the internet.

The picture above is the best poetry girl image by far. My mother and my niece, sitting at my table in a convention in Brazil next to my giant banner – the cover of our poetry girls book. Grandmother and granddaughter, looking at each other, a million stories shared in that look, with two paper crowns to add to the magic.

No comments: